19 newly-elected U`khand MLAs have criminal record
Dehra Dun: Nineteen of the 70 newly-elected
MLAs in Uttarakhand have criminal background, according to an
election monitoring group.
According to Uttarakhand Election Watch report released
today, 19 newly-elected MLAs have criminal cases against them.
Of the 70 legislatures, 32 are millionaires, it said.
The richest MLA is BJP`s Rajesh Shukla from Kichha
constituency having assets worth Rs 26.63 crore, followed by
Congress` Amrita Rawat from Ramnagar with Rs 13.57 crore
Only three MLAs have declared assets less than Rs 10
lakh, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what