19 newly-elected U`khand MLAs have criminal record
Dehra Dun: Nineteen of the 70 newly-elected
MLAs in Uttarakhand have criminal background, according to an
election monitoring group.
According to Uttarakhand Election Watch report released
today, 19 newly-elected MLAs have criminal cases against them.
Of the 70 legislatures, 32 are millionaires, it said.
The richest MLA is BJP`s Rajesh Shukla from Kichha
constituency having assets worth Rs 26.63 crore, followed by
Congress` Amrita Rawat from Ramnagar with Rs 13.57 crore
Only three MLAs have declared assets less than Rs 10
lakh, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice