19 newly-elected U`khand MLAs have criminal record
Dehra Dun: Nineteen of the 70 newly-elected
MLAs in Uttarakhand have criminal background, according to an
election monitoring group.
According to Uttarakhand Election Watch report released
today, 19 newly-elected MLAs have criminal cases against them.
Of the 70 legislatures, 32 are millionaires, it said.
The richest MLA is BJP`s Rajesh Shukla from Kichha
constituency having assets worth Rs 26.63 crore, followed by
Congress` Amrita Rawat from Ramnagar with Rs 13.57 crore
Only three MLAs have declared assets less than Rs 10
lakh, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- 1 die, 3 injured as fire breaks out in highrise
- Tour de France 2016: Chris Froome on brink of 3rd title as Ion Izaguirre wins penultimate stage