19 newly-elected U`khand MLAs have criminal record
Dehra Dun: Nineteen of the 70 newly-elected
MLAs in Uttarakhand have criminal background, according to an
election monitoring group.
According to Uttarakhand Election Watch report released
today, 19 newly-elected MLAs have criminal cases against them.
Of the 70 legislatures, 32 are millionaires, it said.
The richest MLA is BJP`s Rajesh Shukla from Kichha
constituency having assets worth Rs 26.63 crore, followed by
Congress` Amrita Rawat from Ramnagar with Rs 13.57 crore
Only three MLAs have declared assets less than Rs 10
lakh, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report