19 newly-elected U`khand MLAs have criminal record
Dehra Dun: Nineteen of the 70 newly-elected
MLAs in Uttarakhand have criminal background, according to an
election monitoring group.
According to Uttarakhand Election Watch report released
today, 19 newly-elected MLAs have criminal cases against them.
Of the 70 legislatures, 32 are millionaires, it said.
The richest MLA is BJP`s Rajesh Shukla from Kichha
constituency having assets worth Rs 26.63 crore, followed by
Congress` Amrita Rawat from Ramnagar with Rs 13.57 crore
Only three MLAs have declared assets less than Rs 10
lakh, the report said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview