21 killed, 25 injured in four accidents in Uttarak
Dehra Dun: At least 21 people, including 11
members of two marriage parties, were killed and 25 injured in
four road accidents in Uttarakhand, officials said here on Saturday.
Eight people were killed and 10 injured when a private
bus in which they were travelling fell into a ditch in Tyuni
The ill-fated bus was on its way to Vikasnagar, the
officials said adding all the eight died instantly.
Chief Minister B C Khanduri had ordered a magisterial probe into the accident and directed officials to provide best
medical care to the injured.
In another accident, four members of a marriage party
were killed and two injured when their van was hit by a truck
in Pathari area in Haridwar today.
The van was going from Haridwar to Muzaffarnagar when the
accident took place, police said.
Seven members of a marriage party were killed yesterday
night when their vehicle fell into a ditch in Ranipokhari area
In yet another road mishap, two persons were killed and
13 injured when their van overturned in Bataghat area near
Mussoorie last evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city