31 people booked for animal sacrifice at Pauri festival
Kotdwara: As many as 31 people were
booked for allegedly sacrificing buffaloes at the Kalinka
festival in Pauri district.
"We have registered the cases against 31 persons who
sacrificed buffalos under the cruelty against animal act"
District magistrate Dilip Jawalkar said.
Hundreds of buffalos are sacrificed at the festival at
Bunkhal, a remote temple in Pauri district.
The DM said at least 12 buffalos, meant for sacrifice,
were handed over to administration by devotees after awareness
measures against animal sacrifice were taken at the temple.
The police was instructed to register the case agaist
these people at Thailisain, Jawalkar said.
Activists were demanding a ban on animal sacrifice at
the temple. The court had ordered the district administration
to submit a status report after a writ was filed in the High
Court in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack