36 test positive for dengue in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Thirty six persons have tested positive for dengue in Uttarakhand, prompting authorities to sound an alert in the affected areas on Monday.
"One person has tested positive for the virus here while 35 cases have been confirmed in Haridwar district. However, we are trying our best to control further spread of the virus by providing immediate medical assistance to the affected persons," State Health Minister Surendra Singh Negi said.
Majority of the patients have been admitted in the Himalayan Hospital, Jollygrant and the CMI hospital in the city.
The Chief Medical Officers in the affected districts have been put on the alert and asked to take preventive measures like cleaning up the drains, intensifying fogging and creating awareness among people about the importance of maintaining hygiene, he said.
"They have also been asked to send a daily report to me on the measures taken such as the areas visited, the steps taken to prevent further occurrence of the disease and number of people diagnosed with symptoms of dengue," he said.
Around 150 suspected cases of dengue had been reported from Haridwar and Roorkee in that district last week out of which 35 have been confirmed as positive.
However, the minister asked people not to panic and instead think of the preventive measures they could take at their own level to combat the virus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka