4 get to life imprisonment for murder in Dehradun
Dehradun: Four persons were sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court for plotting the murder of a businessman in 2009 after he refused to pay them extortion money.
Pronouncing the quantum of sentence in Haridwar on Monday, Additional Sessions judge Dhananjay Chaturvedi also imposed a fine of Rs 10000 each on extortionist Sunil Rathi and his three associates.
The four were held guilty of plotting the murder of Navin Jindal, a Roorkee based businessman who was gunned down outside his shop in December 2009.
However, two other accused in the case were acquitted for lack of evidence. Jindal was shot dead by shooters hired by Rathi after he refused to pay them extortion money of Rs 15 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter