4 get to life imprisonment for murder in Dehradun
Dehradun: Four persons were sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court for plotting the murder of a businessman in 2009 after he refused to pay them extortion money.
Pronouncing the quantum of sentence in Haridwar on Monday, Additional Sessions judge Dhananjay Chaturvedi also imposed a fine of Rs 10000 each on extortionist Sunil Rathi and his three associates.
The four were held guilty of plotting the murder of Navin Jindal, a Roorkee based businessman who was gunned down outside his shop in December 2009.
However, two other accused in the case were acquitted for lack of evidence. Jindal was shot dead by shooters hired by Rathi after he refused to pay them extortion money of Rs 15 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie