424 dismissed constables in Uttarakhand to be reappointed
Dehradun: Over 400 police constables in Uttarakhand, who were dismissed for violating rules by applying for their job from two districts simultaneously, will be re-inducted into the force.
Uttarakhand government has decided to reappoint 424 constables dismissed for sending in their job applications from two districts simultaneously, Principal Secretary (Home) Om Prakash said here today.
A government order to this effect was issued yesterday, he said.
The move comes as a big relief for the dismissed constables as they had lost their case even in the Uttarakhand High Court.
Advertising vacancies in the rank of constables in state police in 2010-2011, the state government had invited applications from eligible candidates making it clear that they were entitled to send their application only from one place.
It had also warned of stern penal action including termination of service in case a candidate was found guilty of applying from two districts simultaneously.
However, 849 of the applicants ignored the advisory and submitted their job applications from two districts at a time.
425 of such applicants were identified before recruitment while the remaining 424 were caught and dismissed while they were under training on grounds of violation of service rules.
They went to court against their dismissal but lost the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!