5,000 Gayatri Parivar volunteers in Uttarakhand
Haridwar: More than 5,000 volunteers of the Gayatri Parivar spiritual group are engaged in relief work in Uttarakhand, its head said on Saturday.
The group has also decided to donate all the money received on Guru Poornima day for the victims of the natural disaster in the state, Pranav Pandya said.
Shantikunj, the group`s headquarters here, has sent thousands of food packets including items of daily necessities to the thousands displaced by last month`s floods and landslides in Uttarakhand.
The group will concentrate on villages that have suffered the most, and help in rebuilding damaged and collapsed schools, buildings and houses of the poor, Pandya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation