5,000 Gayatri Parivar volunteers in Uttarakhand
Haridwar: More than 5,000 volunteers of the Gayatri Parivar spiritual group are engaged in relief work in Uttarakhand, its head said on Saturday.
The group has also decided to donate all the money received on Guru Poornima day for the victims of the natural disaster in the state, Pranav Pandya said.
Shantikunj, the group`s headquarters here, has sent thousands of food packets including items of daily necessities to the thousands displaced by last month`s floods and landslides in Uttarakhand.
The group will concentrate on villages that have suffered the most, and help in rebuilding damaged and collapsed schools, buildings and houses of the poor, Pandya said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev