7 killed, 25 hurt as vehicles fall into Alaknanda River
Gopeshwar (Uttarakhand): Seven pilgrims were killed and 25 others injured in two separate road accidents in Chamoli district, official sources said today.
Two pilgrims from Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh were today killed and eight others injured when their car fell into Alaknanda river at Pipalkoti area of Chamoli district, they said.
The incident occurred when they were returning after offering prayers at Badrinath shrine, they said. The injured have been admitted to district hospital in Chamoli where their condition is stated to be stable. The cause of the accident was not immediately known.
In another incident, five pilgrims from Rajasthan were killed and 17 others injured when a mini bus in which they were travelling fell into the river near Marwari bridge in Chamoli district last night.
The bus was carrying 22 passengers and returning from Badrinath when the mishap occurred, they said, adding the injured have been admitted to nearby Srinagar Base Hospital where condition of seven is stated to be serious.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna expressed grief over the incidents and asked the administration to provide best medical care to the injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India