7 killed, 25 hurt as vehicles fall into Alaknanda River
Gopeshwar (Uttarakhand): Seven pilgrims were killed and 25 others injured in two separate road accidents in Chamoli district, official sources said today.
Two pilgrims from Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh were today killed and eight others injured when their car fell into Alaknanda river at Pipalkoti area of Chamoli district, they said.
The incident occurred when they were returning after offering prayers at Badrinath shrine, they said. The injured have been admitted to district hospital in Chamoli where their condition is stated to be stable. The cause of the accident was not immediately known.
In another incident, five pilgrims from Rajasthan were killed and 17 others injured when a mini bus in which they were travelling fell into the river near Marwari bridge in Chamoli district last night.
The bus was carrying 22 passengers and returning from Badrinath when the mishap occurred, they said, adding the injured have been admitted to nearby Srinagar Base Hospital where condition of seven is stated to be serious.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna expressed grief over the incidents and asked the administration to provide best medical care to the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!