70 percent polling in Uttarakhand civic body polls
Dehradun: About 70 per cent voters exercised their franchise in Uttarakhand civic body elections which were held peacefully on Sunday.
Till the conclusion of polling at 5 pm, 70 per cent people had cast their votes, State Election Commissioner Harish Chandra Joshi said.
No untoward incident was reported from anywhere, he said.
Large queues of voters were witnessed outside polling booths throughout the state including Dehradun, Haridwar, Pithoragarh, Almora and Uttarkashi in the polls which will decide the fate of 3,7523 candidates, he said.
Polling has been held to six municipal corporations in Dehradun, Haridwar, Roorkee, Haldwani, Kashipur and Udham Singh Nagar besides 28 municipal boards and 38 nagar panchayats throughout the state.
The counting is slated for April 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says