70 percent polling in Uttarakhand civic body polls
Dehradun: About 70 per cent voters exercised their franchise in Uttarakhand civic body elections which were held peacefully on Sunday.
Till the conclusion of polling at 5 pm, 70 per cent people had cast their votes, State Election Commissioner Harish Chandra Joshi said.
No untoward incident was reported from anywhere, he said.
Large queues of voters were witnessed outside polling booths throughout the state including Dehradun, Haridwar, Pithoragarh, Almora and Uttarkashi in the polls which will decide the fate of 3,7523 candidates, he said.
Polling has been held to six municipal corporations in Dehradun, Haridwar, Roorkee, Haldwani, Kashipur and Udham Singh Nagar besides 28 municipal boards and 38 nagar panchayats throughout the state.
The counting is slated for April 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack