70 percent polling in Uttarakhand civic body polls
Dehradun: About 70 per cent voters exercised their franchise in Uttarakhand civic body elections which were held peacefully on Sunday.
Till the conclusion of polling at 5 pm, 70 per cent people had cast their votes, State Election Commissioner Harish Chandra Joshi said.
No untoward incident was reported from anywhere, he said.
Large queues of voters were witnessed outside polling booths throughout the state including Dehradun, Haridwar, Pithoragarh, Almora and Uttarkashi in the polls which will decide the fate of 3,7523 candidates, he said.
Polling has been held to six municipal corporations in Dehradun, Haridwar, Roorkee, Haldwani, Kashipur and Udham Singh Nagar besides 28 municipal boards and 38 nagar panchayats throughout the state.
The counting is slated for April 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter