8 children injured in explosion
Dehradun: Eight children were injured on Sunday evening in an explosion at a sports college located near an army firing range .
The children, in the age group of 12-17, were playing
with a "bomb-type object" when it suddenly exploded in the
compound of the Maharana Sports college, police said, adding
that they suspect that the bomb belongs to the army and might
have made its way to the college compound.
The college is in close proximity to Raipur firing range
of the army.
"We have asked the army officials to inspect the area,"
said a top police official.
All the children were rushed to nearby hospital. The
condition of all the children is stated to be out of danger.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij