8 children injured in explosion
Dehradun: Eight children were injured on Sunday evening in an explosion at a sports college located near an army firing range .
The children, in the age group of 12-17, were playing
with a "bomb-type object" when it suddenly exploded in the
compound of the Maharana Sports college, police said, adding
that they suspect that the bomb belongs to the army and might
have made its way to the college compound.
The college is in close proximity to Raipur firing range
of the army.
"We have asked the army officials to inspect the area,"
said a top police official.
All the children were rushed to nearby hospital. The
condition of all the children is stated to be out of danger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!