8 children injured in explosion
Dehradun: Eight children were injured on Sunday evening in an explosion at a sports college located near an army firing range .
The children, in the age group of 12-17, were playing
with a "bomb-type object" when it suddenly exploded in the
compound of the Maharana Sports college, police said, adding
that they suspect that the bomb belongs to the army and might
have made its way to the college compound.
The college is in close proximity to Raipur firing range
of the army.
"We have asked the army officials to inspect the area,"
said a top police official.
All the children were rushed to nearby hospital. The
condition of all the children is stated to be out of danger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing