8 children injured in explosion
Dehradun: Eight children were injured on Sunday evening in an explosion at a sports college located near an army firing range .
The children, in the age group of 12-17, were playing
with a "bomb-type object" when it suddenly exploded in the
compound of the Maharana Sports college, police said, adding
that they suspect that the bomb belongs to the army and might
have made its way to the college compound.
The college is in close proximity to Raipur firing range
of the army.
"We have asked the army officials to inspect the area,"
said a top police official.
All the children were rushed to nearby hospital. The
condition of all the children is stated to be out of danger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy