Aam Aadmi Party’s Uttarakhand unit launched
Dehradun: Aam Aadmi Party convener Arvind Kejriwal has constituted the organisation`s Uttarakhand executive committee consisting of 11 members.
The fledgling party`s state committee includes its convener Harish Arya, secretary Rajesh Sharma, treasurer Ranbir Chaudhry and chief spokesman Satish Sharma, Kejriwal announced here yesterday.
Other members of the committee are Umesh Tiwari, Jagdish Joshi, Asharani Kapoor, Harendra Bisht, Tika Prasad Uniyal, Sunil Sharma and Dinesh Petwal, he said.
The party has also set up executive committees in 10 out of 13 districts of the state, he said, adding the organisation will soon be expanded at block and village levels.
Earlier, addressing the members of the committee, Kejriwal said people want to get rid of corruption and their single point agenda should be elimination of the evil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed