Action will be taken against Namdhari, confirms Bahuguna
Sambhal: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Tuesday said action will soon be taken against Sukhdev Singh Namdhari, state minority commission chairman, in the wake of his presence during a shootout in Delhi, in which a controversial liquor trader and his brother were killed.
Bahuguna said he came to know about the fact and "action would soon be taken" against the chairman.
Talking to the reporters, the Uttarakhand CM, who was here to attend the ongoing `Kalki Mahotsava`, said that he "was not aware about dozens of cases against Namdhari."
Yesterday, while hinting at the prospect, Bahuguna had said in Dehradun that Namdhari might be removed.
"His (Namdhari`s) tenure is yet to be over. But the state administration will act and find a way out to remove him," the CM had told reporters in reply to a question.
Namdhari was appointed chairman of Uttarakhand minority commission during the BJP rule in 2010.
His association with Chaddha came under scanner after it was found that he was present along with his PSO Sachin Tyagi, an Uttarakhand Police constable, at the time of the shootout at the farmhouse in which liquor baron Ponty Chaddha and his brother Hardeep were killed.
The name of Namdhari`s PSO has also cropped up in connection with the incident prompting Uttarakhand DGP Satyavrat Bansal to send a team to the national capital to ascertain facts about his alleged role in the incident.
Tyagi allegedly fired a few shots during the shootout to protect himself and his protectee.
A police team headed by Inspector Pramod Shah had been sent to Delhi to find out facts about alleged role of Tyagi, Uttarakhand DGP had said.
He said some cases were lodged against Namdhari in the state.
The DGP, however, added he could not say anything about the type of cases and in which part of the state these were registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch