Advani`s rally in Uttarakhand flop show: Congress
Dehradun: Terming BJP leader L K Advani`s
rally in Uttarakhand a "flop show", the Congress today said he
should now "quit politics".
"Advani should now quit politics as his Jan Chetna Yatra
has failed to draw attention of the common people," state
Congress spokesman Surendra Kumar, flanked by party MLA Kishor
Upadhayay, said in a joint press conference here.
"Most of the chairs at Parade Ground where Advani`s
public rally was held yesterday were empty. This is a flop
show going by the stature of Advani in the national politics,"
He also took a dig at Advani for remaining silent on
alleged corruption scandals in the BJP-ruled state.
"Advani, who is taking out the Yatra with main focus on
corruption, should have taken a note of such scandals which
have badly affected development works in the hill state,"
"Advani`s silence on wrong doings of his partymen and
allies was intriguing. He must be clean in his words and
action," he claimed.
While speaking about the dynastic rule, Advani never
realises the fact that Congress has also given prime ministers
like Lal Bahadur Shastri, P V Narasimha Rao and Manmohan
Singh, the Congress leaders said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!