Advani`s rally in Uttarakhand flop show: Congress
Dehradun: Terming BJP leader L K Advani`s
rally in Uttarakhand a "flop show", the Congress today said he
should now "quit politics".
"Advani should now quit politics as his Jan Chetna Yatra
has failed to draw attention of the common people," state
Congress spokesman Surendra Kumar, flanked by party MLA Kishor
Upadhayay, said in a joint press conference here.
"Most of the chairs at Parade Ground where Advani`s
public rally was held yesterday were empty. This is a flop
show going by the stature of Advani in the national politics,"
He also took a dig at Advani for remaining silent on
alleged corruption scandals in the BJP-ruled state.
"Advani, who is taking out the Yatra with main focus on
corruption, should have taken a note of such scandals which
have badly affected development works in the hill state,"
"Advani`s silence on wrong doings of his partymen and
allies was intriguing. He must be clean in his words and
action," he claimed.
While speaking about the dynastic rule, Advani never
realises the fact that Congress has also given prime ministers
like Lal Bahadur Shastri, P V Narasimha Rao and Manmohan
Singh, the Congress leaders said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan