Advani`s rally in Uttarakhand flop show: Congress
Dehradun: Terming BJP leader L K Advani`s
rally in Uttarakhand a "flop show", the Congress today said he
should now "quit politics".
"Advani should now quit politics as his Jan Chetna Yatra
has failed to draw attention of the common people," state
Congress spokesman Surendra Kumar, flanked by party MLA Kishor
Upadhayay, said in a joint press conference here.
"Most of the chairs at Parade Ground where Advani`s
public rally was held yesterday were empty. This is a flop
show going by the stature of Advani in the national politics,"
He also took a dig at Advani for remaining silent on
alleged corruption scandals in the BJP-ruled state.
"Advani, who is taking out the Yatra with main focus on
corruption, should have taken a note of such scandals which
have badly affected development works in the hill state,"
"Advani`s silence on wrong doings of his partymen and
allies was intriguing. He must be clean in his words and
action," he claimed.
While speaking about the dynastic rule, Advani never
realises the fact that Congress has also given prime ministers
like Lal Bahadur Shastri, P V Narasimha Rao and Manmohan
Singh, the Congress leaders said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark