‘Amarmani Tripathi VCD not shot in Haridwar jail’
Dehra Dun: The Uttarakhand government on Tuesday
said the video CD showing former Uttar Pradesh minister
Amarmani Tripathi appealing to his supporters to vote for him
and the Samajwadi Party in the upcoming UP assembly polls was
not shot in the Haridwar jail where he is currently lodged.
Uttarakhand Jail Minister Rajendra Bhandari said he had
enquired with prison officials after such reports came to his
knowledge and he was told that the VCD was not shot in the
"In fact, shooting of such a video is not possible
inside our jail," he said.
The CD might have been prepared in some other jail
outside the state, the minister said.
The VCD has reportedly been circulated in various cities
of Uttar Pradesh in which Tripathi has been shown asking his
supporters to vote for him and the SP in next year`s assembly
elections in the state.
Tripathi is serving life term in the poetess Madhumita
Shukla case and is currently lodged in Haridwar jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Attention TV lovers, we have a good news for 'Sarabhai vs Sarabhai' fans! - Read more
- News Television Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags best news channel website honour
- Say Whaaat! Winners of Sunny Leone, Rannvijay Singha's 'Splitsvilla 9' already decided?
- Google-backed transpacific submarine cable between US and Japan goes live today!
- WOAH! Gautam Gambhir absolutely destroys Ravi Shastri - Here are his scathing comments