‘Amarmani Tripathi VCD not shot in Haridwar jail’
Dehra Dun: The Uttarakhand government on Tuesday
said the video CD showing former Uttar Pradesh minister
Amarmani Tripathi appealing to his supporters to vote for him
and the Samajwadi Party in the upcoming UP assembly polls was
not shot in the Haridwar jail where he is currently lodged.
Uttarakhand Jail Minister Rajendra Bhandari said he had
enquired with prison officials after such reports came to his
knowledge and he was told that the VCD was not shot in the
"In fact, shooting of such a video is not possible
inside our jail," he said.
The CD might have been prepared in some other jail
outside the state, the minister said.
The VCD has reportedly been circulated in various cities
of Uttar Pradesh in which Tripathi has been shown asking his
supporters to vote for him and the SP in next year`s assembly
elections in the state.
Tripathi is serving life term in the poetess Madhumita
Shukla case and is currently lodged in Haridwar jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers