‘Amarmani Tripathi VCD not shot in Haridwar jail’
Dehra Dun: The Uttarakhand government on Tuesday
said the video CD showing former Uttar Pradesh minister
Amarmani Tripathi appealing to his supporters to vote for him
and the Samajwadi Party in the upcoming UP assembly polls was
not shot in the Haridwar jail where he is currently lodged.
Uttarakhand Jail Minister Rajendra Bhandari said he had
enquired with prison officials after such reports came to his
knowledge and he was told that the VCD was not shot in the
"In fact, shooting of such a video is not possible
inside our jail," he said.
The CD might have been prepared in some other jail
outside the state, the minister said.
The VCD has reportedly been circulated in various cities
of Uttar Pradesh in which Tripathi has been shown asking his
supporters to vote for him and the SP in next year`s assembly
elections in the state.
Tripathi is serving life term in the poetess Madhumita
Shukla case and is currently lodged in Haridwar jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'