‘Amarmani Tripathi VCD not shot in Haridwar jail’
Dehra Dun: The Uttarakhand government on Tuesday
said the video CD showing former Uttar Pradesh minister
Amarmani Tripathi appealing to his supporters to vote for him
and the Samajwadi Party in the upcoming UP assembly polls was
not shot in the Haridwar jail where he is currently lodged.
Uttarakhand Jail Minister Rajendra Bhandari said he had
enquired with prison officials after such reports came to his
knowledge and he was told that the VCD was not shot in the
"In fact, shooting of such a video is not possible
inside our jail," he said.
The CD might have been prepared in some other jail
outside the state, the minister said.
The VCD has reportedly been circulated in various cities
of Uttar Pradesh in which Tripathi has been shown asking his
supporters to vote for him and the SP in next year`s assembly
elections in the state.
Tripathi is serving life term in the poetess Madhumita
Shukla case and is currently lodged in Haridwar jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani