Anna Hazare asked to leave Swami Agnivesh
Haridwar: An apex body of sadhus and
seers on Tuesday appealed to social activist Anna Hazare to leave
the company of Swami Agnivesh as he had made "objectionable
remarks" against a holy Hindu shrine.
"Agnivesh have made objectionable remarks on Baba
Amarnath and its devotees. So he would not be allowed to enter
in the forthcoming Kumbh Mela to be held in Prayag," Akil
Bhartiya Akhara Parishad (ABAP) spokesman Baba Hathygi said.
He also said Swami Agnivesh should be booked under the
charges of sedition.
Agnivesh, one of the key activists associated with
corruption crusader Anna Hazare, was recently heckled by a man
at a public meeting for his remarks on Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people