Another woman mauled to death by leopard in Almora
Dehra Dun: A woman was mauled to death by a leopard in Silkhaura village of Uttarakhand`s Almora district in the second such incident in the area within a week, official sources said here Tuesday.
Sheila Bisht (38) had gone to the fields to cut grass when the predator crept out of nearby jungles and pounced on her, they said.
The woman died on the spot. Angry villagers initially refused to hand over the body to the police and relented only after being assured by forest officials that the leopard will be shot.
A 56-year-old woman was mauled to death by a leopard in Malli Chauneli village of the district on October 16.
Fear-stricken residents of the villages in the area are demanding that they be allowed to kill the big cats in self defence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog