Anupama case: Rajesh`s judicial custody extended till Feb 25
Dehradun: A local court on Friday extended by
14 days the judicial custody of Rajesh Gulati, the software
engineer who allegedly killed his wife Anupama and kept her
body parts in a deep-freezer, police said.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Kunwar Amrendra Singh
extended the judicial custody of the 37-year-old Rajesh till
February 25, they said.
The police, on the direction of the court, following
Gulati`s plea, handed over the victim`s jewellery to him.
Rajesh`s father Satpal Gulati and his brother-in-law Chander
Kareri were present in the court.
Meanwhile, the couple`s four-year-old twin sons remain
with their maternal uncle.
The Anupama murder case came to light on December 12
last year when Rajesh Gulati was arrested on a complaint by
the victim`s brother, S K Pradhan.
Later, Rajesh confessed to have strangled Anupama on
October 17, cut the body into pieces and hide them in a
deep-freezer for nearly two months, police had said.
Earlier, the police had said that the DNA and finger-
prints of Anupama matched with the samples of the accused.
Police had termed it as an "important" development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- British PM to put stamp on Brexit before G20 summit
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway