Armed robbers loot cash from rural branch of nationalised bank
Rudrapur: In a broad daylight heist, armed robbers Thursday looted Rs four lakh from a rural branch of a nationalised bank in Uttarakhand`s Udham Singh Nagar district.
Nearly half a dozen persons armed with pistols forced their entry into the branch of Allahabad Bank in Pega village of the district this afternoon and looted Rs 4 lakh in cash at gun point, ASP Yashvant Singh said.
A search is on to nab the robbers who seem to have fled towards Kashipur, he said.
The bank had no security arrangements despite being located in a remote rural, the police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH