Armed robbers loot cash from rural branch of nationalised bank
Rudrapur: In a broad daylight heist, armed robbers Thursday looted Rs four lakh from a rural branch of a nationalised bank in Uttarakhand`s Udham Singh Nagar district.
Nearly half a dozen persons armed with pistols forced their entry into the branch of Allahabad Bank in Pega village of the district this afternoon and looted Rs 4 lakh in cash at gun point, ASP Yashvant Singh said.
A search is on to nab the robbers who seem to have fled towards Kashipur, he said.
The bank had no security arrangements despite being located in a remote rural, the police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore