Armed robbers loot cash from rural branch of nationalised bank
Rudrapur: In a broad daylight heist, armed robbers Thursday looted Rs four lakh from a rural branch of a nationalised bank in Uttarakhand`s Udham Singh Nagar district.
Nearly half a dozen persons armed with pistols forced their entry into the branch of Allahabad Bank in Pega village of the district this afternoon and looted Rs 4 lakh in cash at gun point, ASP Yashvant Singh said.
A search is on to nab the robbers who seem to have fled towards Kashipur, he said.
The bank had no security arrangements despite being located in a remote rural, the police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Attention TV lovers, we have a good news for 'Sarabhai vs Sarabhai' fans! - Read more
- News Television Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags best news channel website honour
- Say Whaaat! Winners of Sunny Leone, Rannvijay Singha's 'Splitsvilla 9' already decided?
- Google-backed transpacific submarine cable between US and Japan goes live today!
- WOAH! Gautam Gambhir absolutely destroys Ravi Shastri - Here are his scathing comments