Army choppers to shower petals on Badrinath shrine
Dehra Dun: Army choppers will shower petals over the famous Badrinath temple in Uttarakhand when the shrine`s sacred portals close down on November 18 for winter.
The flowers will be brought from Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh and showered over the cave shrine, Badrinath temple committee sources said here on Sunday.
The programme has been finalised in consultation with the Army and the committee authorities, they said.
A large number of devotees are likely to throng the famous Himalayan shrine to witness the unique programme, committee sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP