Army choppers to shower petals on Badrinath shrine
Dehra Dun: Army choppers will shower petals over the famous Badrinath temple in Uttarakhand when the shrine`s sacred portals close down on November 18 for winter.
The flowers will be brought from Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh and showered over the cave shrine, Badrinath temple committee sources said here on Sunday.
The programme has been finalised in consultation with the Army and the committee authorities, they said.
A large number of devotees are likely to throng the famous Himalayan shrine to witness the unique programme, committee sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister