Army choppers to shower petals on Badrinath shrine
Dehra Dun: Army choppers will shower petals over the famous Badrinath temple in Uttarakhand when the shrine`s sacred portals close down on November 18 for winter.
The flowers will be brought from Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh and showered over the cave shrine, Badrinath temple committee sources said here on Sunday.
The programme has been finalised in consultation with the Army and the committee authorities, they said.
A large number of devotees are likely to throng the famous Himalayan shrine to witness the unique programme, committee sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown