Army jawan commits suicide in Dehradun
Dehradun: An Army jawan, posted with 19 Kumaon Regiment, allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself at Cantt area near here, police said today.
Rakesh Kumar (24), a native of Jhunjhunu district of Rajasthan, was found hanging from the ceiling fan of his room by his wife yesterday, they said.
Kumar`s wife, who is 8-months pregnant, told the police that she was sleeping when the incident took place.
No suicide note has been recovered from Kumar`s house, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing