ASI team to visit Kedarnath shrine today
Zee Media Bureau
Dehradun: A team of experts from Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) is likely to visit the Kedarnath temple in Uttarakhand on Sunday to assess the quantum of damage caused by the flood fury and restoration required for the shrine.
Efforts are on to drop the team by air today, sources said.
A team of five experts from Dehradun and Delhi will be the part of the exercise for the revered temple which bore the brunt of floods and landslides triggered by the deluge in the hill state on June 16.
The state government had sought help from the ASI to assess the damage caused to the shrine.
As of now, Kedarnath temple is not a protected site under the ASI.
The team is expected to suggest restoration exercise needed for the temple and the surrounding areas, a senior official said.
The ASI team will submit its report to the Chief Minister.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam