Austrian national found dead in ashram
Rishikesh: An Austrian national was found dead on Monday in his room at Parmarth Niketan Ashram, a leading spiritual organisation located on the banks of the Ganga here.
45-year-old Michael Frieman was a tourist from Austria, Pauri Garhwal SP Ajay Joshi said.
Frieman had come to the Ashram on March 25. He fell ill and was admitted to the Himalayan Hospital Jollygrant near Dehradun the following day, authorities at the ashram said.
He returned to the ashram yesterday after being discharged from the hospital, the SP said.
When he did not open his room till late this morning, people at the ashram got suspicious and began knocking repeatedly at his door. As there was no response, they informed the police.
When police broke open the door, they found Frieman lying dead on his bed, the SP said, adding he was bleeding from the nose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you