Austrian national found dead in ashram
Rishikesh: An Austrian national was found dead on Monday in his room at Parmarth Niketan Ashram, a leading spiritual organisation located on the banks of the Ganga here.
45-year-old Michael Frieman was a tourist from Austria, Pauri Garhwal SP Ajay Joshi said.
Frieman had come to the Ashram on March 25. He fell ill and was admitted to the Himalayan Hospital Jollygrant near Dehradun the following day, authorities at the ashram said.
He returned to the ashram yesterday after being discharged from the hospital, the SP said.
When he did not open his room till late this morning, people at the ashram got suspicious and began knocking repeatedly at his door. As there was no response, they informed the police.
When police broke open the door, they found Frieman lying dead on his bed, the SP said, adding he was bleeding from the nose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan