Authority to regulate Kedarnath yatra
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government has decided to constitute an authority to regulate the Kedarnath yatra and look after reconstruction work in the flood-ravaged town, officials said Wednesday.
The authority will be constituted on the lines of Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board and Sri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board.
"The need for a regulatory authority was felt after the June tragedy. It was decided that the number of pilgrims coming to Kedarnath should also be regulated," Shaila Rani Rawat, MLA, Kedarnath, told IANS.
According to government officials, the authority would be based in Guptkashi near Kedarnath.
"The authority will also suggest the reconstruction plan for the pilgrim town that was devastated in the flash floods," the official said.
Questions were raised over unregulated flow of pilgrims and illegal construction in the holy town following the June disaster when a cloudburst caused flash floods and landslides resulting in huge loss of life and property in the state.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Bipasha Basu - Karan Singh Grover wedding: Check out interesting details about mehendi ceremony
- Currently no proposal to merge BSNL and MTNL: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 23: Delhi Daredevils vs Gujarat Lions — As it happened...
- Mother of all apps? Narendra Modi government is coming up with new app UMANG - It houses 200 apps!
- BJP won't win a single seat if elections are held in Delhi: CM Arvind Kejriwal