Authority to regulate Kedarnath yatra
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government has decided to constitute an authority to regulate the Kedarnath yatra and look after reconstruction work in the flood-ravaged town, officials said Wednesday.
The authority will be constituted on the lines of Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board and Sri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board.
"The need for a regulatory authority was felt after the June tragedy. It was decided that the number of pilgrims coming to Kedarnath should also be regulated," Shaila Rani Rawat, MLA, Kedarnath, told IANS.
According to government officials, the authority would be based in Guptkashi near Kedarnath.
"The authority will also suggest the reconstruction plan for the pilgrim town that was devastated in the flash floods," the official said.
Questions were raised over unregulated flow of pilgrims and illegal construction in the holy town following the June disaster when a cloudburst caused flash floods and landslides resulting in huge loss of life and property in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why