Avalanche kills one in Uttarakhand
Uttarkashi: An employee of the Snow and Avalanche Study Establishment was killed and three Army jawans were injured in a snow avalanche at a forward post near the Indo-China border in the district, ITBP sources said here Thursday.
The snow avalanche occurred yesterday when a SASE team and Army personnel were jointly carrying out a routine exercise near Pulam Sundar post, the last Indian post along the Indo-China border in the district, they said.
The SASE employee killed in the avalanche has been identified as Ramchandra.
The three Army personnel injured in the avalanche have been rescued and are being brought in an IAF chopper to Harsil, 73 kms from here, for treatment, they said.
SASE is a private company that works under the Defence Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?