Avalanche kills one in Uttarakhand
Uttarkashi: An employee of the Snow and Avalanche Study Establishment was killed and three Army jawans were injured in a snow avalanche at a forward post near the Indo-China border in the district, ITBP sources said here Thursday.
The snow avalanche occurred yesterday when a SASE team and Army personnel were jointly carrying out a routine exercise near Pulam Sundar post, the last Indian post along the Indo-China border in the district, they said.
The SASE employee killed in the avalanche has been identified as Ramchandra.
The three Army personnel injured in the avalanche have been rescued and are being brought in an IAF chopper to Harsil, 73 kms from here, for treatment, they said.
SASE is a private company that works under the Defence Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble