Avalanche kills one in Uttarakhand
Uttarkashi: An employee of the Snow and Avalanche Study Establishment was killed and three Army jawans were injured in a snow avalanche at a forward post near the Indo-China border in the district, ITBP sources said here Thursday.
The snow avalanche occurred yesterday when a SASE team and Army personnel were jointly carrying out a routine exercise near Pulam Sundar post, the last Indian post along the Indo-China border in the district, they said.
The SASE employee killed in the avalanche has been identified as Ramchandra.
The three Army personnel injured in the avalanche have been rescued and are being brought in an IAF chopper to Harsil, 73 kms from here, for treatment, they said.
SASE is a private company that works under the Defence Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves