B Tech student hangs self in Dehradun
Dehradun: A B. Tech student allegedly hanged himself in his room at a private hostel in the city, police said on Thursday.
21-year-old Abhishek Gurung, a student of B Tech Final year at DIT College here, was found hanging from the ceiling fan of his hostel room by his friends last night when they returned from a stroll after dinner, they said.
Prima facie, it appears that the youth took the extreme step due to disappointment in love or pressure of studies, they said.
No suicide note was found from the spot, they said, adding that his body has been handed over to his family based in Bhimtal in Nainital district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state