Badal expresses solidarity with Uttarakhand govt
Chandigarh: Expressing solidarity with Uttarakhand government and the people who have been rendered homeless due to devastating floods, Punjab government on Monday decided to send relief materials for victims.
Reiterating his commitment towrds the victims of flash floods, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal said Punjab was committed towards providing succour to them at this hour of crisis.
The government has decided to send 10,000 tonnes of atta and rice, 100 tonnes of sugar and 10,000 blankets, shawls and sweaters for the victims.
Badal also decided to construct dwelling units in 25 villages for victims whose houses have been completely destroyed due to floods, for which he deputed secretary and chief engineer of PWD (B and R) to work out modalities and logistics with the Uttarakhand government.
The Chief Minister has also constituted a high level committee under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary with Financial Commissioner Revenue, Relief and Rehabilitation, Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister, Principal Secretary Coordination, Secretary Food and Civil Supplies and Secretary PWD (B and R), as members to oversee the entire relief and rehabilitation operation.
Officials of Food and Civil Supplies department would coordinate with district administration for dispatch of relief material to Uttarakhand, said state food and civil supplies minister Adesh Partap Singh Kairon.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Tata group doubles published patents in 2 years to 7,000
- Watch: South Korean mom throws kids out of multi-story building on fire
- Kingfisher House auction: Lenders begin revaluation in a bid to sell it
- WATCH: From Nehra ji to Shahenshah, Sunrisers Hyderabad's India pacer has come a long way!
- Real Madrid vs Manchester City PREVIEW: Champions League, 2nd semi-final, second leg