Badal offers help to Uttarakhand govt for rescuing Sikh pilgrims
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Monday directed the state Chief Secretary to extend help to the Uttarakhand Government in its effort to rescue the Sikh pilgrims, stuck on the way to Sri Hemkund Sahib due to heavy rain causing road blockades at several places.
Stating this here today, an official spokesperson of the CMO said that Chief Secretary Rakesh Singh and MLA Daljit Singh Cheema were continously in touch with the Uttarakhand government over the rescue operations.
Thousands of Sikh pilgrims had been trapped as Sri Hemkund Sahib had been cut off from rest of the state due to bad weather followed by floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III