Badri-Kedar University to be set up in Himalayas
Kotdwar, Uttarakhand: Sri Badrinath-Kedarnath temple committee, responsible for the management of two famous Hindu shrines, will set up a university here.
A proposal in this regard was passed by the temple committee unanimously in a recent meeting, Temple Committee Chairman Anusuiya Prasad Bhatt today said, adding the proposal has been sent to the Uttarakhand government for its approval.
The University, being christened as Badri-Kedar University, would be nestled in the Garhwal Himalayas and impart degrees in various religious subjects like Vedas,
Purans, Brahm Nirupan, Srishti Vigyan, Adhyatmic Vigyan, Jyotish, Bhakti and Medical Education, Bhatt said.
The varsity will be managed by the temple committee, while talks with experts and educationists were going on to finalise other modalities, including the land and estimated
expenditure, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill