Badri-Kedar University to be set up in Himalayas
Kotdwar, Uttarakhand: Sri Badrinath-Kedarnath temple committee, responsible for the management of two famous Hindu shrines, will set up a university here.
A proposal in this regard was passed by the temple committee unanimously in a recent meeting, Temple Committee Chairman Anusuiya Prasad Bhatt today said, adding the proposal has been sent to the Uttarakhand government for its approval.
The University, being christened as Badri-Kedar University, would be nestled in the Garhwal Himalayas and impart degrees in various religious subjects like Vedas,
Purans, Brahm Nirupan, Srishti Vigyan, Adhyatmic Vigyan, Jyotish, Bhakti and Medical Education, Bhatt said.
The varsity will be managed by the temple committee, while talks with experts and educationists were going on to finalise other modalities, including the land and estimated
expenditure, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know