Badrinath shrine to be reopened on May 16
Dehradun: The famous Himalayan shrine of Badrinath in Uttarakhand will be reopened on May 16.
After its annual closure during winter due to snow-bound conditions, the portals of the shrine have been scheduled to be reopened for devotees at 4 am on May 16, said Ganesh Godiyal, chairman of Badrinath-Kedarnath temple committee.
The schedule for reopening the temple`s portals was formally announced by the Rajpurohit of the erstwhile Tehri royal family at their palace in Narendra Nagar, Godiyal said.
The portals of Badrinath Dham, dedicated to Lord Vishnu and located at a height of more than 10,000 ft in the Himalayas, are closed every year for six months due to snow-bound conditions during winter and reopened for visitors in April-May.
During the long winter recess Lord Vishnu`s idol is worshipped at Narsingh temple located at nearby Joshimath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi