Badrinath temple to reopen on May 9
Dehradun: The portals of Badrinath temple,
situated at an altitude of 3,133 metres in Chamoli district,
will reopen on May 9 after remaining closed for about six
months, according to a senior official.
"The temple will reopen on May 9 at 5.30 AM",
Badrinath-Kedarnath Temple Committee chairman Anusuya Prasad
Bhatt announced on Tuesday.
The portals of the shrine were closed for the winters
on November 19 during which the deity`s idol was
carried to Narsimha Mandir in Joshimath area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief