Badrinath to reopen on April 29
Dehra Dun: The portals of famous Himalayan
shrine of Badrinath will reopen for pilgrims on April 29.
The Badrinath shrine would be reopened at 04:00 hours on
April 29, Sri Badrinath-Kedarnath temple committee officials
said here on Saturday.
The "mahurat (time)" to reopen the shrine, situated at a
height of 3,133 meters in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand, was
taken by Rajpurohit at Narendranagar Palace of erstwhile Tehri
kingdom in the presence of Maharaja Manujendra Shah and others
on the auspicious occasion of Basant Panchmi today.
The Chardhams comprising the shrines of Badrinath,
Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri nestling in dizzying heights
of Garhwal Himalayas reopen for pilgrims in April-May every
year after remaining closed for nearly six months during
winters as the area remain snow-bound during the period.
The decision regarding reopening of Kedarnath, Gangotri
and Yamunotri would be taken later.
The annual Chardham yatra is considered as a backbone of
the thriving religious tourism in the state that attracts
nearly 15-16 lakh pilgrims every year from home and abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof