Badrinath Yatra halted after heavy rain
Dehradun: The Badrinath Yatra - part of the annual Hindu pilgrimage of Char Dham Yatra was halted following heavy rain in Uttarakhand, an official said Tuesday.
The rain Monday washed away a road near Lambagad leading to the Badrinath shrine and it will take some time to repair it, officials told IANS.
At least 83 pilgrims have been stopped at Pandukeshwar and Joshimath while 65 pilgrims were stranded in Badrinath. At least 131 pilgrims have returned after visiting the shrine Monday, officials said.
District officials told IANS that the yatra would only resume after the reconstruction of the road. Traffic in many parts of the state has been disrupted after heavy rains for the past two days.
Kedarnath Yatra is also suspended and is likely to be reopened only after the clearance from the Met department, said officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1
- Japan keen to invest in India’s infrastructure growth story: Finance Minister
- People have figured out: Liam Hemsworth on reunion with Miley
- Afghan govt seeks extension for refugees to stay in Pakistan
- Asus Zenfone 3 series to be launched in India today