Bahuguna govt completes one year in office
Dehradun: The Congress government in Uttarakhand on Wednesday completed one year in office with Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna promising equitable development of all sections especially the SCs/STs and the remote hill areas.
"We are committed to take development to every doorstep. Service is our only goal. Let us rise above petty prejudices and come together to serve this state to the best of our ability," Bahuguna said at a function held at his official residence here to mark the occasion.
Bahuguna who was sworn in as the Chief Minister on May 13 last year, said a slew of steps towards development of the state especially the backward sections and the remote hill areas were taken by the state government during its one year in office but much more still needs to be done.
The Chief Minister said he has a capable team of ministers who understand problems afflicting the state very well and their cooperation will help the government achieve its development goals.
"Taking development to every individual, particularly the backward and deprived sections like the SCs and STs and the backward hill areas of the state is our top priority," he said and appealed to politicians to rise above their organisational affiliations and work earnestly for the development of the state.
Bahuguna said Congress leadership looks upon power as a means to serve people and the rest of his tenure in office will be dedicated to the service of Uttarakhand.
The Chief Minister also released a book on the occasion titled "Santulit Vikas Ki Ore Badhte Kadam" summing up the state government`s achievements during the last one year in office.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts