Bahuguna govt completes one year in office
Dehradun: The Congress government in Uttarakhand on Wednesday completed one year in office with Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna promising equitable development of all sections especially the SCs/STs and the remote hill areas.
"We are committed to take development to every doorstep. Service is our only goal. Let us rise above petty prejudices and come together to serve this state to the best of our ability," Bahuguna said at a function held at his official residence here to mark the occasion.
Bahuguna who was sworn in as the Chief Minister on May 13 last year, said a slew of steps towards development of the state especially the backward sections and the remote hill areas were taken by the state government during its one year in office but much more still needs to be done.
The Chief Minister said he has a capable team of ministers who understand problems afflicting the state very well and their cooperation will help the government achieve its development goals.
"Taking development to every individual, particularly the backward and deprived sections like the SCs and STs and the backward hill areas of the state is our top priority," he said and appealed to politicians to rise above their organisational affiliations and work earnestly for the development of the state.
Bahuguna said Congress leadership looks upon power as a means to serve people and the rest of his tenure in office will be dedicated to the service of Uttarakhand.
The Chief Minister also released a book on the occasion titled "Santulit Vikas Ki Ore Badhte Kadam" summing up the state government`s achievements during the last one year in office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state