Bahuguna govt completes one year in office
Dehradun: The Congress government in Uttarakhand on Wednesday completed one year in office with Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna promising equitable development of all sections especially the SCs/STs and the remote hill areas.
"We are committed to take development to every doorstep. Service is our only goal. Let us rise above petty prejudices and come together to serve this state to the best of our ability," Bahuguna said at a function held at his official residence here to mark the occasion.
Bahuguna who was sworn in as the Chief Minister on May 13 last year, said a slew of steps towards development of the state especially the backward sections and the remote hill areas were taken by the state government during its one year in office but much more still needs to be done.
The Chief Minister said he has a capable team of ministers who understand problems afflicting the state very well and their cooperation will help the government achieve its development goals.
"Taking development to every individual, particularly the backward and deprived sections like the SCs and STs and the backward hill areas of the state is our top priority," he said and appealed to politicians to rise above their organisational affiliations and work earnestly for the development of the state.
Bahuguna said Congress leadership looks upon power as a means to serve people and the rest of his tenure in office will be dedicated to the service of Uttarakhand.
The Chief Minister also released a book on the occasion titled "Santulit Vikas Ki Ore Badhte Kadam" summing up the state government`s achievements during the last one year in office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!