Bahuguna has narrow escape as chopper causes spark in wires
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna had a narrow escape on Monday when a helicopter carrying him caused a spark in high tension wires during take-off.
Winds caused by the rotor of the helicopter caused a spark in high tension lines located about 200 m below as the chopper was lifting off from Baheda helipad, Tehri district magistrate Ranjeet Sinha said.
The DM said the pilot safely navigated the chopper away from the wires.
Bahuguna was returning with some Congress leaders from Tehri to the state capital after campaigning in Ghansali area for his son Saket for the Tehri Lok Sabha seat, which fell vacant after he resigned from it post winning the Sitarganj constituency to make his entry into the state Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown