Bahuguna has narrow escape as chopper causes spark in wires
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna had a narrow escape on Monday when a helicopter carrying him caused a spark in high tension wires during take-off.
Winds caused by the rotor of the helicopter caused a spark in high tension lines located about 200 m below as the chopper was lifting off from Baheda helipad, Tehri district magistrate Ranjeet Sinha said.
The DM said the pilot safely navigated the chopper away from the wires.
Bahuguna was returning with some Congress leaders from Tehri to the state capital after campaigning in Ghansali area for his son Saket for the Tehri Lok Sabha seat, which fell vacant after he resigned from it post winning the Sitarganj constituency to make his entry into the state Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack