Bahuguna holds `janata milan` programme
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna today met over a thousand people from different parts of the state to listen to their complaints and issued orders for their quick redressal in a time-bound manner.
Asking District Magistrates of all the 13 districts to interact with people on a weekly basis by holding Janata Milan programmes and listen to their complaints, Bahuguna said it was their duty to ensure that people`s problems are redressed within a definite time frame.
The Chief Minister, during the Janata Milan programme at his official residence here, ordered immediate redressal of complaints related to lack of medical care, education and the mid-June natural calamity.
On the occasion, Bahuguna also gave a cheque of Rs 43,000 to a meritourious B Tech student coming from a financially weak background. He also asked his Cabinet colleagues to tour the areas under their charge and interact directly with people to learn about their problems.
Bahuguna told reporters that the state government was committed to the development of all sections of society.
Roads damaged in the deluge are being repaired on a priority so that they are fully functional before the char dham yatra begins this year, Bahuguna said, adding he has even requested the Centre to ask the BRO to speed up road restoration work.
Chardham yatris this year will have to register online so that there is no confusion about the number of people visiting the Himalayan shrines, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video