Bahuguna offers financial help for Delhi rape victim
Dehradun: Expressing shock over the gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl in Delhi, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Tuesday offered a financial assistance of Rs five lakh for treatment of the victim.
The para-medical student was allegedly raped and brutally assaulted in a moving bus by four men, who also attacked her male friend and threw both of them out of the vehicle.
She is on ventilator at Delhi`s Safdarjung Hospital and her condition remains to be critical.
The victim, who hails from neighbouring Uttar Pradesh, studied at an institute in Uttarakhand before moving to Delhi for her internship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal