Bahuguna offers financial help for Delhi rape victim
Dehradun: Expressing shock over the gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl in Delhi, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Tuesday offered a financial assistance of Rs five lakh for treatment of the victim.
The para-medical student was allegedly raped and brutally assaulted in a moving bus by four men, who also attacked her male friend and threw both of them out of the vehicle.
She is on ventilator at Delhi`s Safdarjung Hospital and her condition remains to be critical.
The victim, who hails from neighbouring Uttar Pradesh, studied at an institute in Uttarakhand before moving to Delhi for her internship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience