Bahuguna offers financial help for Delhi rape victim
Dehradun: Expressing shock over the gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl in Delhi, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Tuesday offered a financial assistance of Rs five lakh for treatment of the victim.
The para-medical student was allegedly raped and brutally assaulted in a moving bus by four men, who also attacked her male friend and threw both of them out of the vehicle.
She is on ventilator at Delhi`s Safdarjung Hospital and her condition remains to be critical.
The victim, who hails from neighbouring Uttar Pradesh, studied at an institute in Uttarakhand before moving to Delhi for her internship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security