Bahuguna offers financial help for Delhi rape victim
Dehradun: Expressing shock over the gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl in Delhi, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Tuesday offered a financial assistance of Rs five lakh for treatment of the victim.
The para-medical student was allegedly raped and brutally assaulted in a moving bus by four men, who also attacked her male friend and threw both of them out of the vehicle.
She is on ventilator at Delhi`s Safdarjung Hospital and her condition remains to be critical.
The victim, who hails from neighbouring Uttar Pradesh, studied at an institute in Uttarakhand before moving to Delhi for her internship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda