Bahuguna offers financial help for Delhi rape victim
Dehradun: Expressing shock over the gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl in Delhi, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Tuesday offered a financial assistance of Rs five lakh for treatment of the victim.
The para-medical student was allegedly raped and brutally assaulted in a moving bus by four men, who also attacked her male friend and threw both of them out of the vehicle.
She is on ventilator at Delhi`s Safdarjung Hospital and her condition remains to be critical.
The victim, who hails from neighbouring Uttar Pradesh, studied at an institute in Uttarakhand before moving to Delhi for her internship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Belgian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg beats Max Verstappen to grab pole position
- EPL 2016-17, Gameweek 3: Saturday football — Chelsea take pole, Arsenal end winless run
- UPSC issues e-admit cards for NDA, NA exams 2016
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni admits execution of his last ball dismissal wrong
- Belgian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ready for slog from back of the field