Bahuguna pays floral tributes to chopper crash victims
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Thursday paid floral tributes to the pilot and the technician who were killed in a helicopter crash in Garurchatti near Kedarnath.
Bahuguna laid wreaths on the dead bodies of Captain Jagjit Singh Dhaliwal and technician Abhay Ranjan at the Sahasradhara helipad, official sources said.
The deceased were also given a guard of honour by state police.
The bodies of the pilot and the technician are being sent to their families in Noida and Delhi, sources said.
The Bell 407 helicopter crashed while taking off from Garurchatti in Rudraprayag for Kedarnath in bad weather after apparently hitting a mountain yesterday.
The crashed helicopter was one of the two belonging to a Delhi-based private company and engaged by the Uttarakhand police for ferrying personnel and rations to a police post in Kedarnath area.
Yesterday`s crash was the third chopper accident in over a month in Uttarakhand during relief operations.
An IAF Mi-17 V5 chopper on a rescue mission had crashed near Guptkashi on June 25, killing all 20 on board.
A private chopper with relief material had met a similar fate on June 21 in Gaurikund area, leaving the pilot injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living