Bahuguna refutes charge of using farmers` land for SIDCUL-II
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Wednesday refuted allegations that the state government is acquiring fertile agricultural land of farmers in the name of industrial development, saying the acquired land belonged to the state and was lying unused for years.
Bahuguna described as unfounded the opposition`s charge that fertile land of farmers was being acquired for SIDCUL phase II to be launched by him tomorrow at Sitarganj, his constituency.
The Chief Minister said the land in Sitarganj jail premises had been acquired by the previous BJP government in Uttarakhand for Rs 30 crore to develop a special economic zone in 2008 and was lying in disuse since.
He said there was nothing wrong in utilising a piece of land lying unused for the industrial development of the state.
BJP leader Ajay Bhatt, who is also the Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly, had accused the state government of acquiring fertile land of farmers for the second phase of State Industrial Development Corporation of Uttarakhand Limited (SIDCUL-II) yesterday.
He had also demanded a document on the activities undertaken by the state government under SIDCUL-I before going ahead with the launch of its second phase.
The chief minister said investment worth thousands of crores will be brought to the state without any industrial package or Central aid.
Big industrial houses and the Centre had given their nod for largescale investments in the state and a mega industrial policy will soon be launched to woo investors, he said.
"Luring investments to the state is our priority.It would not only add to the state`s sources of income but also generate employment opportunities," Bahuguna said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM