Bahuguna visits cloudburst-hit Ukhimath
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna Saturday took stock of the situation at Ukhimath in Rudraprayag district where a cloudburst killed 29 people.
Accompanied by state Disaster Management Minister Yashpal Arya and Garhwal MP Satpal Maharaj, the Chief Minister visited the affected villages and took stock of the damage inflicted by the disaster yesterday and reviewed the ongoing relief and rescue operations, officials said.
A cloudburst early on Friday flattened scores of homes in Chunni, Mangoli, Kimana, Sansari, Giriya, Barhmankholi, Premnagar and Juatok in Ukhimath area claiming 29 lives.
The toll may rise as 31 people are still missing. The calamity also left 15 injured, 11 of them are in critical condition.
The injured have been flown in a helicopter to hospitals in Ukhimath and Srinagar. Some of those critically injured have also been referred to hospitals in Dehradun, officials said.
Nearly 124 ITBP and Army personnel are engaged in relief and rescue operations in the affected villages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him