Bahuguna visits paternal village in Budani
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Sunday announced that a museum-cum-library and a school will also be constructed at the memorial of his father Hemavati Nandan Bahuguna, which is being build in his paternal village Budani of Pauri district.
The chief minister today visited the village with his family and directed concerned officials to construct a museum-cum-library and the school.
Hemavati Nandan Bahuguna was the former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
According to an official statement, the CM also offered puja at Gaura Devi and Rajarajeshwari temples in Devalgad.
He asked the officials of archaeology department to do restoration and beautification work on the Devi temple and was informed of the conservation work done there, it said.
The Chief Minister also interacted with residents of the village and promised quick solution to their problems.
He also directed the Pauri District Magistrate to send him the details of the proposals for Khirsu-Budani drinking water programme and to build a mini-stadium at Khirsu inter college.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth