Bahuguna`s son booked for threatening BJP MLA
Dehradun: A case has been registered against the son of Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna and one of his associates in Sitarganj area where bypoll is due tomorrow, for allegedly robbing and threatening a BJP legislator.
"BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana has lodged a complaint against Saurabh Bahuguna, son of Uttarakhand Chief Minister, and one of his associates for threating him last evening at gun point in Sitarganj area," said Nilesh Anand, Superintendent of Police of Udham Singh Nagar district.
After the campaigning in Sitarganj constituency came to an end last evening, Saurabh and his friend Navtejpal Singh stopped the car of Rana and allegedly robbed him off his mobile phone and threatened him with dire consequences, according to the complaint lodged by the BJP legislator.
BJP leaders met state chief electoral officer Radha Raturi after the incident and asked him to take action in this regard.
Raturi then directed the District Magistrate and a First Information Report was lodged against the duo.
Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna is locked in a straight fight with former Assembly Speaker Prakash Pant of the BJP in the Sitarganj assembly bypoll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Demand to ban advertisements on fairness creams in RS
- Migaloo sighting alert! White humpback whale spotted off Australia's Byron Bay (See pic)
- 'Iron Lady' Irom Sharmila to end 16-year fast on August 9, contest elections in Manipur
- PHOTO: Vivian Richards' son Mali captures Virat Kohli's knock in painting
- SHOCKING: Bernie Ecclestone's mother-in-law kidnapped in Brazil, abductors demand $36.5 m as ransom