Bahuguna`s speech disrupted by BJP MLA
Gadarpur: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Friday suffered some embarrassing moments when his speech at a Janta Darbar programme here was disrupted by a BJP MLA and his supporters who began shouting slogans against him before he could finish.
Gadarpur MLA Arvind Pandey, who was sharing the dais with the Chief Minister, suddenly rose from his seat when Bahuguna was in the middle of his speech and accused him of claiming credit for schemes announced during the previous BJP regime in the state.
As Pandey rose from his chair, about 20 of his supporters standing close to the dais began shouting anti-government slogans interrupting the CM`s speech for a few minutes.
However, Pradesh Congress president Yashpal Arya pacified Pandey and asked him to resume his seat and let the CM finish.
When the programme was over, Congress workers burnt an effigy of the BJP MLA to protest his "unacceptable behaviour", which they said was an insult to the CM.
Bahuguna has been holding Janta Darbar programmes in different constituencies of the state to interact with people and acquaint himself with their problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands