Balkrishna appears in CBI court
Dehradun: Yoga Guru Ramdev`s close aide Balkrishna on Tuesday appeared in a CBI court here in connection with a fake document case.
Balkrishna appeared before Special CBI Magistrate Preeto Sharma, who fixed January 16 as the next date of hearing in the case, CBI Counsel Rajmohan Chand said, adding this is a regular exercise during trial.
Charged with procuring an Indian passport on the basis of fake degrees and certificates, Balkrishna is out on bail in the case since August 16 this year.
Balkrishna had been arrested by the CBI on July 20 after the court issued Non-Bailable Warrants (NBW) against him in the case.
The CBI had on July 10 filed a chargesheet in the court against Balkrishna.
The agency had booked Balkrishna under IPC sections related to criminal conspiracy, cheating and forgery and imposed additional charge of alleged violation of the Passport Act against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Kapil Sharma aka Kappu's Twitter account 'hacked'! – Know who did it
- More than 37,000 flee South Sudan for Uganda: UN
- World to end in a global apocalypse this Friday on July 29?
- First Haj flight from Uttar Pradesh to take off on August 10
- Kremlin dismisses US Democratic email hack claims as `absurd`