Balkrishna case: HC fixes Oct 12 for final hearing
Nainital: The Uttarakhand High Court on Thursday
fixed October 12 as the final date of hearing in a cheating
case involving yoga guru Ramdev`s close aide Balkrishna, who
is accused of using fake educational certificate for procuring
Justice Tarun Agrawal fixed October 12 as the final date
of hearing in the case.
During the hearing, the court observed that probes to
decide Balkrishna`s nationality is still going on and the
process for cancellation of his passport is yet to be
undertaken by the competent authority.
Earlier on July 29, the high court had stayed
Balkrishna`s arrest and asked him to cooperate with the CBI in
investigations. The yoga guru`s aide was also asked to appear
before it on August 3.
The high court had also directed the CBI to file a reply
on Balkrishna`s plea within three weeks.
Complying with the court`s order, Balkrishna had appeared
before the CBI office here two times last month but the probe
agency failed to take out the required information from him.
Balkrishna was served notice by the CBI to present his
original education documents before it, but the envelope
delivered to the agency by his lawyer on August 27 had his
ration card only, official sources said.
Balkrishna had gone "missing" on July 24, a day after the
CBI had filed a case against him on charges of cheating and
criminal conspiracy for procuring fake degrees and violation
of section 12 of Indian Passport Act for furnishing such
documents to get a passport.
He resurfaced on the evening of July 29 only after the
High Court stayed his arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal