Balkrishna evading questions, summoned again
Dehra Dun: Close aide of Yoga Guru Ramdev,
Balkrishna was on Wednesday alleged to have evaded important queries
posed by the CBI in connection with a case where he allegedly
used fake educational degrees for procuring a passport.
CBI sources claimed that Balkrishna feigned ignorance to
vital questions related to the case, prompting the agency to
summon him again tomorrow.
The aide appeared before the CBI in compliance with the
Uttarakhand High Court order which had stayed his arrest till
August 29 but directed him to appear before the CBI office
While staying the arrest of Balkrishna, the state high
court had on July 29 asked him to co-operate with the CBI in
investigations and appear before it today for interrogation.
Balkrishna has been asked to appear again during which
he will be quizzed again about him allegedly procuring the
travel documents based on forged documents. He has also been
asked to submit proof about his Indian citizenship, including
papers related to his parentage, the sources said.
He was earlier summoned by the CBI to appear in its
office here for interrogation on July 28. However, instead of
appearing before the agency, he had sent a fax to the sleuths
seeking 20-days` time to appear stating that his passport is
with the British High Commission.
But the agency turned down his plea and asked him to
appear without passport on July 29. Balkrishna had again
requested the CBI to give him 10 days` time.
Balkrishna had gone "missing" from his Divya Yoga Mandir
Trust residence in Haridwar on July 25, a day after CBI filed
a case against him for cheating and criminal conspiracy for
procuring fake degree and violation of section 12 of Indian
Passport Act for furnishing fake documents to get a passport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi