Balkrishna evading questions, summoned again
Dehra Dun: Close aide of Yoga Guru Ramdev,
Balkrishna was on Wednesday alleged to have evaded important queries
posed by the CBI in connection with a case where he allegedly
used fake educational degrees for procuring a passport.
CBI sources claimed that Balkrishna feigned ignorance to
vital questions related to the case, prompting the agency to
summon him again tomorrow.
The aide appeared before the CBI in compliance with the
Uttarakhand High Court order which had stayed his arrest till
August 29 but directed him to appear before the CBI office
While staying the arrest of Balkrishna, the state high
court had on July 29 asked him to co-operate with the CBI in
investigations and appear before it today for interrogation.
Balkrishna has been asked to appear again during which
he will be quizzed again about him allegedly procuring the
travel documents based on forged documents. He has also been
asked to submit proof about his Indian citizenship, including
papers related to his parentage, the sources said.
He was earlier summoned by the CBI to appear in its
office here for interrogation on July 28. However, instead of
appearing before the agency, he had sent a fax to the sleuths
seeking 20-days` time to appear stating that his passport is
with the British High Commission.
But the agency turned down his plea and asked him to
appear without passport on July 29. Balkrishna had again
requested the CBI to give him 10 days` time.
Balkrishna had gone "missing" from his Divya Yoga Mandir
Trust residence in Haridwar on July 25, a day after CBI filed
a case against him for cheating and criminal conspiracy for
procuring fake degree and violation of section 12 of Indian
Passport Act for furnishing fake documents to get a passport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof