Balkrishna released from jail
Dehra Dun: Yoga guru Ramdev`s aide Balkrishna, who spent nearly a month behind bars in a fake document case, was today released from Suddhowala jail here, a day after being granted bail by the High Court.
Balkrishna was given a rousing welcome outside the jail and was taken to Haridwar where slogshouting followers of Ramdev greeted him.
Addressing a gathering, Balkrishna claimed that he was being framed in the case.
"Our fight against black money and other corrupt practices will continue," he said.
At a number of places, supporters of Ramdev garlanded Balkrishna.
Balkrishna was sent to jail last month for allegedly submitting fake documents for obtaining Indian passport.
He was arrested July 20 after a local court issued Non Bailable warrants against him in connection with the case.
The CBI had filed a charge-sheet in a special court here against Balkrishna in the case.
In its charge sheet, the CBI has also accused Naresh Chandra Dwivedi the then Principal of Sanskrit Mahavidayala, Khurja in Uttar Pradesh for allegedly helping Balkrishna obtain fake educational certificates.
Dwivedi has also surrendered and sent to jail early this month.
The agency has booked the duo under IPC sections related to criminal conspiracy, cheating and forgery, and imposed additional charge for the alleged violation of the Passport Act against Balkrishna.
The CBI had registered a case of cheating and criminal conspiracy against Balkrishna on July 23 last year for allegedly procuring fake degree and violating Section 12 of Indian Passport Act by furnishing fake and forged High School and graduation certificates to the passport authorities for obtaining the document.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?