Bank Manager sentenced for molesting woman employee
Kotdwara: A local court on Saturday sentenced a senior bank official to one year imprisonment for molesting a woman employee inside a bank.
District judge Kumkum Rani awarded one year imprisonment and a fine of Rs 3,000 to Rajneesh, Bank Manager at Uttaranchal Gramin Bank in Lansdowne for locking up a woman assistant treasurer of the bank and molesting her.
On July 15, 2010 Rajneesh asked the victim to stay back after office time in pretext of extra work. Later when everyone else left, Rajneesh locked her up inside the office and verbally abused her and tried to molest her, KP Dangwal, government councillor said.
When the victim tried to escape, the accused used force to stop her. The victim made an excuse to relieve herself and contacted the police station from the toilet, Dangwal said.
Police reached the bank and rescued her. Later police registered a case against him on the victim`s complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional