Bank Manager sentenced for molesting woman employee
Kotdwara: A local court on Saturday sentenced a senior bank official to one year imprisonment for molesting a woman employee inside a bank.
District judge Kumkum Rani awarded one year imprisonment and a fine of Rs 3,000 to Rajneesh, Bank Manager at Uttaranchal Gramin Bank in Lansdowne for locking up a woman assistant treasurer of the bank and molesting her.
On July 15, 2010 Rajneesh asked the victim to stay back after office time in pretext of extra work. Later when everyone else left, Rajneesh locked her up inside the office and verbally abused her and tried to molest her, KP Dangwal, government councillor said.
When the victim tried to escape, the accused used force to stop her. The victim made an excuse to relieve herself and contacted the police station from the toilet, Dangwal said.
Police reached the bank and rescued her. Later police registered a case against him on the victim`s complaint.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list