Bank Manager sentenced for molesting woman employee
Kotdwara: A local court on Saturday sentenced a senior bank official to one year imprisonment for molesting a woman employee inside a bank.
District judge Kumkum Rani awarded one year imprisonment and a fine of Rs 3,000 to Rajneesh, Bank Manager at Uttaranchal Gramin Bank in Lansdowne for locking up a woman assistant treasurer of the bank and molesting her.
On July 15, 2010 Rajneesh asked the victim to stay back after office time in pretext of extra work. Later when everyone else left, Rajneesh locked her up inside the office and verbally abused her and tried to molest her, KP Dangwal, government councillor said.
When the victim tried to escape, the accused used force to stop her. The victim made an excuse to relieve herself and contacted the police station from the toilet, Dangwal said.
Police reached the bank and rescued her. Later police registered a case against him on the victim`s complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader