Beheaded body of woman found near Dehradun Raj Bhawan
Dehradun: A beheaded body of a woman was recovered from army area near Raj Bhawan in the city, police said today.
The headless body of a 27-year-old woman kept in a sack was found by rag pickers in the army area about 200 metres from Raj Bhawan last evening, SP (city) Jagdish Chandra said.
Preliminary investigations have revealed that the woman was apparently pregnant and was possibly raped before being killed, he said.
It appears that the woman`s body was dumped in the area after the crime was committed somewhere else, he said.
Efforts are on to identify the woman by collecting details of people who went missing from nearby districts recently, he said, adding a post mortem is underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok