Bhagat gets Industry, Transport
Dehra Dun: Banshidhar Bhagat, sworn-in as
cabinet minister in Uttarakhand last week, was allocated key
portfolios of Industry and Transport on Wednesday.
Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank also allotted
departments of Industrial Development, Cooperatives, Protocol
and Rural Engineering Services to him, an official spokesman
Till now, the Chief Minister himself was holding these
portfolios, he said.
Bhagat was sworn-in as cabinet minister on January 22
raising the strength of the Nishank Ministry to 12.
Bhagat was the Forest and Transport Minister in the
previous B C Khanduri government.
He could not find a ministerial berth when Nishank took
over reins of the state last June.
After the resignation of Bishan Singh Chufal as cabinet
minister following his election to the post of BJP state unit
chief, Bhagat managed to find a place in the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Kerry arrives in India for strategic dialogue; terrorism emanating from Pakistan, visa issues on agenda
- UP polls: Rahul Gandhi to cover 2,500 km, 233 Assembly constituencies, 39 districts, but no big rallies
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic