Bhagat gets Industry, Transport
Dehra Dun: Banshidhar Bhagat, sworn-in as
cabinet minister in Uttarakhand last week, was allocated key
portfolios of Industry and Transport on Wednesday.
Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank also allotted
departments of Industrial Development, Cooperatives, Protocol
and Rural Engineering Services to him, an official spokesman
Till now, the Chief Minister himself was holding these
portfolios, he said.
Bhagat was sworn-in as cabinet minister on January 22
raising the strength of the Nishank Ministry to 12.
Bhagat was the Forest and Transport Minister in the
previous B C Khanduri government.
He could not find a ministerial berth when Nishank took
over reins of the state last June.
After the resignation of Bishan Singh Chufal as cabinet
minister following his election to the post of BJP state unit
chief, Bhagat managed to find a place in the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok