Bhagat gets Industry, Transport
Dehra Dun: Banshidhar Bhagat, sworn-in as
cabinet minister in Uttarakhand last week, was allocated key
portfolios of Industry and Transport on Wednesday.
Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank also allotted
departments of Industrial Development, Cooperatives, Protocol
and Rural Engineering Services to him, an official spokesman
Till now, the Chief Minister himself was holding these
portfolios, he said.
Bhagat was sworn-in as cabinet minister on January 22
raising the strength of the Nishank Ministry to 12.
Bhagat was the Forest and Transport Minister in the
previous B C Khanduri government.
He could not find a ministerial berth when Nishank took
over reins of the state last June.
After the resignation of Bishan Singh Chufal as cabinet
minister following his election to the post of BJP state unit
chief, Bhagat managed to find a place in the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- New protein gives new hope for Alzheimer's cure!
- Android users can now enjoy Prisma app!
- Another setback! Case filed against AAP workers for preventing emergency vehicle's movement
- WATCH: UNPLAYABLE! Have you seen this 'T20 ball of the century' by R Ashwin?
- Flood alert: Situation remains grim in Assam, Arunachal, railways affected in Bihar