Bhairavnath temple near Kedarnath closed for winter
Kedarnath: The sacred portals of Bhairavnath temple near Kedarnath in Garhwal Himalayas were closed on Saturday for winter amid chanting of vedic hymns and a mild snowfall.
An elaborate two hour prayers were held by the priest of Kedarnath temple Bagesh Ling in the presence of devotees and officials of the temple committee, including its CEO BB Singh, before the doors were closed for the peak winter months as the high altitude shrine becomes inaccessible due to snowbound conditions.
The closure of Bhairvanath temple will be followed by that of Kedarnath on November 5.
Areas close to Kedarnath temple were the worst hit by the June calamity in Uttarakhand leading to the suspension of the char dham yatra for over three month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them