Bhairavnath temple near Kedarnath closed for winter
Kedarnath: The sacred portals of Bhairavnath temple near Kedarnath in Garhwal Himalayas were closed on Saturday for winter amid chanting of vedic hymns and a mild snowfall.
An elaborate two hour prayers were held by the priest of Kedarnath temple Bagesh Ling in the presence of devotees and officials of the temple committee, including its CEO BB Singh, before the doors were closed for the peak winter months as the high altitude shrine becomes inaccessible due to snowbound conditions.
The closure of Bhairvanath temple will be followed by that of Kedarnath on November 5.
Areas close to Kedarnath temple were the worst hit by the June calamity in Uttarakhand leading to the suspension of the char dham yatra for over three month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?